The mission of Indo-Kentucky Chamber of Commerce is to foster economic growth between Kentucky and India. This partnership will lead to new venture and job creation in Kentucky. The Chamber will interact with local, state and federal government, and complement local chambers of commerce and economic development agencies in attracting Indian Companies to Kentucky, and assist Kentucky based companies in exploring the Indian market for export purpose for their products and services. The Chamber will also interact with public and private academic institutions in creating social and cultural awareness on India in Kentucky.
WHAT WE DO
The Indo-Kentucky Chamber of Commerce’s design is to be a vibrant and active organization, promoting business, education and cultural relationships between Kentucky and India. Our key strengths are:
- A resource to regional chambers of commerce and economic development agencies in attracting Indian investors that will lead to new business and job creation.
- Assist Indian investors and their families to integrate with ease in the region by leveraging the available resources such as the international center, academic institutions, financial institutions and other civic and social organizations.
- Develop leads by working through offices in Mumbai and in the near future New Delhi. The offices will interact directly with the Chamber of Commerce, Trade Associations, Rotary Club, and the Commerce Ministry in India. These leads then will be forwarded to the proper economic development agencies and chambers of commerce in Kentucky.
- We work closely with organizations such as the Kentucky World Trade Center in establishing educational and cultural programs on India that local communities can access and participate in. This will also be targeted to local and regional elected officials.
- We work closely with the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development, Kentucky World Trade Center, and the U.S. Department of Commerce to promote the region to potential investment from India.
- Support small and medium sized business in the region to explore the Indian market for potential exports for their products and services.
- Support and facilitate a trade delegation to and from India.
- Work with the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce on legislative issues pertaining to investment from India both at a state and federal level.