Kentucky is perfectly positioned to establish a closer relationship with India, offering attractive features to Indian investors in several areas. Kentucky’s assets are:
- A central U.S. location. Kentucky has a strong business focus, home to thousands of domestic companies, as well as more than 420 international firms, representing 30 nations. Kentucky’s borders are within 600 miles of over 60 percent of the nation’s population, personal income and manufacturing establishments.
- Transportation. Kentucky has 2 international airports and 2 top air cargo hubs (UPS and DHL), ranking the state 3rd in the nation in total air cargo shipments in 2012. Kentucky also has an extensive highway system with 7 different inter state highway roads, and many rail and waterway transportation systems.
- Low investment costs. In a CNBC Special Report, America’s Top States for Business – 2012, Kentucky ranked first over all in cost of doing business and fourth in cost of living.
- Competitive tax climate. Kentucky’s tax climate has also been recognized by a 2012 Tax Foundation report that ranked the state as the 7th most business-friendly state in the country for new firms and the 6th lowest cost state in the country for new corporate headquarters.
- Workforce. Kentucky has an available workforce to help support your industry, with training availability at over 16 technical training colleges on more than 70 campuses. Kentucky believes in a trained and ready workforce.
- Affordable energy costs. Kentucky as the lowest cost of electricity in the industrial sector among states east of the Mississippi River – 6th lowest nationally – averaging nearly 22% less than the national average.
- Major public universities. Kentucky has over 17 universities.
- Cooperative Government. Kentucky’s Cabinet for Economic Development offers incentives for new and expanding industry that include tax credits, business loans for financial supplementation with below-market interest rates, indus trial revenue bonds, and grants. Incentives available to new and expanding industry make doing business in Kentucky an easy choice. [CED Link]
- Indian Community. A core group of established Indian professionals including entrepreneurs, spanning across the state.
- Indian Industry. Kentucky has a strong core of whole and partially owned Indian industries, making the state fertile ground for Indian industries, looking to expand.
- Indian export. Kentucky’s export to India has grown by more than 252% since 2004.
- Kentucky Quality of Life. Kentucky life includes: breathtaking countryside views, a home to the world’s thoroughbred industry, home to the sound of bluegrass music, home to the bourbon industry, great sports entertainment and some of the finest parks among the nation.